UPDATE: All Department of Mines, Industry, Regulation and Safety (DMIRS) videos, webinars and resources released during Safe Work Month, are now available via this safe and secure link:
October is National Safe Work Month, referred to here in WA as Safe Work Month.
Held each year, it’s objective is to encourage everyone, including workers, employers, service providers and visitors, to promote a positive work health and safety focus in the workplace.
The theme for Western Australia’s Safe Work Month 2020 is: “Staying focused on workplace health and safety”.
Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety will host on-demand presentations, as well as live-stream question and answer sessions with industry experts.
Managers, supervisors, safety professionals, safety & health reps, and workers in all industry sectors, are encouraged to register.
Some of the videos include:
- Aged care – planning ahead: infection control
- Asbestos removal
- Factors that influence workplace behaviour
- Human factors and ergonomic principles
- Musculoskeletal disorders
- Occupational violence and aggression
- Working away from the office
- Work Health and Safety legislation update
- WorkSafe WA investigations
To access the upcoming full list of safety presentation material, please register here:
More information can be downloaded here:
Safe Work Australia: